Off-site modular construction is the wave of the future, delivering schedule acceleration, budget certainty, least site impact, superior quality, and the greenest way to build.
For our Quality Inspectors, this means the opportunity for growth in an expanding market with long-term job security. It also means performing on the leading-edge of the construction industry, collaborating with forward-thinking owners and partners, pioneering new approaches, and pushing the industry forward.
Our Quality Inspectors work daylight hours on projects that are 85% completed at our environmentally-controlled plant—away from the cold, rain, heat, dirt, dust, noise, and safety hazards of construction job sites. The result is much less travel/ time away from home.
You’ll work with a team that has won dozens of industry awards over 4 decades, including multiple Best of Show awards and the industry’s most prestigious honor—the Judges Choice Award—at the 2022 World of Modular Annual Convention & Tradeshow.
Great benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), and paid vacation and holidays.
Duties & Responsibilities / Requirements
QC Inspector performs continuous inspections of materials, parts, assemblies, sub-assemblies, systems, equipment, components, and/or structural steel as well as all aspects of the building construction process used in the fabrication of off-site modular structures to assure the highest levels of quality.
Use defined and approved written procedures, checklists, and testing equipment to assure compliance to International Construction Codes adopted by each state, the Company’s Quality Control Manual(s), construction specifications, drawings, purchase orders, contracts, and other related construction documents
Read and understand the relevant codes, specifications, and documents that may be signed and sealed by certified individuals such as Architects, Engineers, Third Parties and/or State review agencies
Track, record, report and follow up on acceptable and deviated or deficient work
Record and file all outside testing agency reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Construction and/or quality background preferred but not required, willing to train the right candidate
Minimum High School graduate or equivalent with some College preferred
Read, comprehend, interpret, analyze and/or apply blueprints and sketches, project schedules, technical specifications, and/or technical manuals, proposals, contracts purchase orders, financial statements, etc.
Work outside or inside, in all seasons, in a range of temperatures
PC proficiency in a Windows environment, experience with SmartSheets and Salesforce a plus
Valid driver’s license and able to travel to destinations within the USA and abroad
Proficient in reading, speaking, and understanding verbal and written English. Second language is a plus
Standard hours are between 7AM and 3:30 PM, Mon-Fri
MODLOGIQ is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE) and a Drug-Free Workplace
MODLOGIQ has been certified as a Great Place to Work® two years in a row! As a leader in off-site construction of modular buildings, we have experienced unprecedented growth and are looking for great people to help us continue to build the best workplace possible. Our unique SMART OFF-SITE CONSTRUCTION method is unique in the industry.
• We construct more sustainably, helping build a greener world with less waste and fewer greenhouse gasses
• We work more safely, thanks to our core values of Health and Safety and an environmentally-controlled workplace, which has led to a leading safety record demonstrated by the lowest possible EMR rating (Experience Modification Rate)
• We have more fun, enjoying holiday parties, company celebrations, friendly but fierce cornhole competitions, and more
• We give more generously, supporting Operation Triage, a unique organization that provides emergency advocacy and financial relief to disabled veterans, first responders, and active-duty service members based on greatest need.
• We reward more fully, with leading pay and benefits, weekly & monthly Core Award winners, and our annual Mike Burkhardt award.
• We work at the leading edge of innovation, partnering with globally-recognized firms like CBRE, Whiting-Turner and others to develop, build, and deliver game-changing projects.
The result? Dozens of industry awards and 40+ years of innovation and success. Please come join us!