MODLOGIQ is seeking a Construction Accounting Manager to join our growing team! As a member of the Finance Team, you will be responsible for the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, monthly accrual entries, account review and reconciliation, and act as liaison to our customers, subcontractors and vendors.Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holiday time and a retirement plan.
Duties & Responsibilities / Requirements
Duties and Responsibilities
Handling and processing all aspects for construction payables, to include payment tracking
Prepare and submit monthly AIA’s /progress billings
Prepare monthly reports for AR & AP
Assemble subcontractor and vendor invoices, insurance certification, release and other required documents
Month end revenue and cost accruals based on percentage of completion accounting
Process customer invoices daily
Set up new customer accounts and run credit reports
Monitor Accounts Receivable/collections
Process Accounts Payable invoices and W-9 verification for new vendors
Process weekly Accounts Payable check run and monitor when invoices are due
Process freight bills and continuation billing
Asset Management process and reporting
Online Bank deposits and cash application
Reconcile monthly deposits
Process, reconcile credit card payments and code to proper account
Post journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts as needed
Process monthly bank reconciliations
Assist with financial statement review
Assist Controller with month-end closing process
Provide back-up to Accounting Clerk, Office Manager, and Accounting Specialist to keep the department running smoothly
Additional duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
Minimum 2 years professional experience in construction accounting
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
Strong knowledge and Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Smartsheets
Knowledge of Construction Cost Accounting software, JONAS preferred
Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude with creative solutions, ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently, manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with strong attention to detail
Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally, with management and vendors
Able to work as a team player
Open to development of skills and knowledge
Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to change
Excellent customer service
MODLOGIQ is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE) and a Drug-Free Workplace
MODLOGIQ has been certified as a Great Place to Work® two years in a row! As a leader in off-site construction of modular buildings, we have experienced unprecedented growth and are looking for great people to help us continue to build the best workplace possible. Our unique SMART OFF-SITE CONSTRUCTION method is unique in the industry.
• We construct more sustainably, helping build a greener world with less waste and fewer greenhouse gasses
• We work more safely, thanks to our core values of Health and Safety and an environmentally-controlled workplace, which has led to a leading safety record demonstrated by the lowest possible EMR rating (Experience Modification Rate)
• We have more fun, enjoying holiday parties, company celebrations, friendly but fierce cornhole competitions, and more
• We give more generously, supporting Operation Triage, a unique organization that provides emergency advocacy and financial relief to disabled veterans, first responders, and active-duty service members based on greatest need.
• We reward more fully, with leading pay and benefits, weekly & monthly Core Award winners, and our annual Mike Burkhardt award.
• We work at the leading edge of innovation, partnering with globally-recognized firms like CBRE, Whiting-Turner and others to develop, build, and deliver game-changing projects.
The result? Dozens of industry awards and 40+ years of innovation and success. Please come join us!