Off-site modular construction is the wave of the future, delivering schedule acceleration, budget certainty, least site impact, superior quality, and the greenest way to build.
For our Structural Painters & Spray Foam Techs, this means working daylight hours on projects that are completed at our environmentally-controlled plant—away from the cold, rain, heat, dirt, dust, noise, and safety hazards of construction job sites. It also means zero travel and no time away from home.
You’ll work with a team that has won dozens of industry awards over 4 decades, including multiple Best of Show awards and the industry’s most prestigious honor—the Judges Choice Award—at the 2022 World of Modular Annual Convention & Tradeshow.
Great benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), and paid vacation and holidays.
Duties & Responsibilities / Requirements
Structural Painter & Spray Foam Tech is responsible for painting and/or applying spray foam to structural steel and other construction and industrial elements.
Paint and/or apply spray foam to walls, equipment, buildings, and other structural surfaces, using brushes, rollers, and spray guns
Prepare surfaces for painting, which may require grinding, cleaning, removing rust and/or old paint, and masking or removing parts/equipment
Mix colors or oils to obtain desired color or consistency
Operate sprayers, blow torches, and lifts
Properly dispose of hazardous waste
In the event there are not painting duties, the employee will fall under general labor duties within the modular industry
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Pass a medical exam and be respirator fit-tested
Understand and apply techniques of construction painting and/or spray foam application:
Follow color charts
Account for temperature, humidity and other factors affecting application and drying
Properly adjust flow and viscosity
Disassemble and reassemble painting equipment for cleaning
Experience with 2-part spray system is helpful, but will train
High school diploma or equivalent
Work outside or inside, in all seasons, in a range of temperatures
PC proficiency in a Windows® environment, experience with SmartSheets and Salesforce a plus
Valid driver’s license and able to travel to destinations within the USA and abroad
Proficient in reading, speaking, and understanding verbal and written English. Second language is a plus
Standard hours are between 7AM and 3:30 PM, Mon-Fri
MODLOGIQ is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE) and a Drug-Free Workplace
MODLOGIQ has been certified as a Great Place to Work® two years in a row! As a leader in off-site construction of modular buildings, we have experienced unprecedented growth and are looking for great people to help us continue to build the best workplace possible. Our unique SMART OFF-SITE CONSTRUCTION method is unique in the industry.
• We construct more sustainably, helping build a greener world with less waste and fewer greenhouse gasses
• We work more safely, thanks to our core values of Health and Safety and an environmentally-controlled workplace, which has led to a leading safety record demonstrated by the lowest possible EMR rating (Experience Modification Rate)
• We have more fun, enjoying holiday parties, company celebrations, friendly but fierce cornhole competitions, and more
• We give more generously, supporting Operation Triage, a unique organization that provides emergency advocacy and financial relief to disabled veterans, first responders, and active-duty service members based on greatest need.
• We reward more fully, with leading pay and benefits, weekly & monthly Core Award winners, and our annual Mike Burkhardt award.
• We work at the leading edge of innovation, partnering with globally-recognized firms like CBRE, Whiting-Turner and others to develop, build, and deliver game-changing projects.
The result? Dozens of industry awards and 40+ years of innovation and success. Please come join us!