MODLOGIQ is seeking a Safety Specialist to join our growing team! As a member of the Safety Team, you will be responsible for monitoring the MODLOGIQ Health and Safety Program, including inspections, accident investigations, and safety training. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holiday time and a retirement plan.
Duties & Responsibilities / Requirements
Under the Supervision of the Safety Manager the Safety Specialist will assist with monitoring the MODLOGIQ Health and Safety Program, including inspections, accident investigations, and safety training.
Participate in the development and implementation of MODLOGIQ safety programs.
Advise MODLOGIQ and Subcontractor employees regarding safety protocols and procedures to ensure their safety, as well as regulatory compliance as mandated by local, state, and federal agencies, including the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Perform hazard analysis and recommend mitigation procedures to the MODLOGIQ Safety Manager.
Conducts routine and follow-up environmental health, safety, and hazard inspections of MODLOGIQ projects.
Analysis accident and incident reports for trends; makes recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
Performs Miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree; at least 2 years of experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Skill in performing safety inspections ensuring compliance with OSHA safety standards.
Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Ability to develop, implement, and enforce safety programs and protocols.
Skill in performing safety inspections and ensuring compliance with OSHA safety standards.
Skill in developing safety procedures and protocols.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
Proficient in reading, speaking, and understanding verbal and written English. Second language is a plus.
US citizen with valid driver’s license and capable of overnight travel to destinations within the USA and abroad.
Standard hours are between 7AM and 3:30 PM, Mon-Fri
Conditions of Employment:
A successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination.
The candidate should be prepared to be directly involved with MODLOGIQ staff, both in the office and in the plant.
MODLOGIQ is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE) and a Drug-Free Workplace.
MODLOGIQ has been certified as a Great Place to Work® two years in a row! As a leader in off-site construction of modular buildings, we have experienced unprecedented growth and are looking for great people to help us continue to build the best workplace possible. Our unique SMART OFF-SITE CONSTRUCTION method is unique in the industry.
• We construct more sustainably, helping build a greener world with less waste and fewer greenhouse gasses
• We work more safely, thanks to our core values of Health and Safety and an environmentally-controlled workplace, which has led to a leading safety record demonstrated by the lowest possible EMR rating (Experience Modification Rate)
• We have more fun, enjoying holiday parties, company celebrations, friendly but fierce cornhole competitions, and more
• We give more generously, supporting Operation Triage, a unique organization that provides emergency advocacy and financial relief to disabled veterans, first responders, and active-duty service members based on greatest need.
• We reward more fully, with leading pay and benefits, weekly & monthly Core Award winners, and our annual Mike Burkhardt award.
• We work at the leading edge of innovation, partnering with globally-recognized firms like CBRE, Whiting-Turner and others to develop, build, and deliver game-changing projects.
The result? Dozens of industry awards and 40+ years of innovation and success. Please come join us!