Off-site modular construction is the wave of the future, delivering schedule acceleration, budget certainty, least site impact, superior quality, and the greenest way to build.
For our Controller, this means the opportunity for growth in an expanding market with advancement potential and long-term job security. It also means performing on the leading-edge of the construction industry, collaborating with forward-thinking industry leaders and pushing the industry forward.
You’ll work with a team that has won dozens of industry awards over 4 decades, including multiple Best of Show awards and the industry’s most prestigious honor—the Judges Choice Award—at the 2022 World of Modular Annual Convention & Tradeshow.
Great benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), and paid vacation and holidays.
Duties & Responsibilities / Requirements
Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, including production of periodic financial reports, as well as maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, controls, and budgets to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles:
Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Construction Accounting, Inventory Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
Meet corporate, Federal, state, municipality, regulatory, and other required reporting requirements
Ensure accuracy of physical inventory and control the flow of raw materials, tools, and other assets in the manufacturing department
Oversee cash management and risk management
Collaborate with executive management and departments to prepare budget/financial forecasts, publish timely financial statements, and evaluate capital, equipment, real property and other investments
Manage employee benefits, IRA contributions, corporate insurance, bonding, and other administrative financial obligations to optimize efficiency and comply with regulatory requirements
Oversee the staff and operations of the Accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
Evaluate and manage processes, documents, qualifications, compliance, etc. of third parties providing financial services to the company
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Background in Quality Assurance, HR, Estimating/Sales, Project Management, Purchasing, and Accounting desired
Experience in modular and/or on-site building construction preferred
BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent work experience in Construction Accounting
CPA preferred but not required
Financial and analytical skill with P&L management capabilities
PC proficiency in a Windows® environment, experience and other trained software applications
Work on some on-site construction environments (limited duration) subject to all types of weather and conditions, with potential tight spaces
U. S. citizen with valid driver’s license and able to travel to destinations within the USA
Proficient in reading, speaking, and understanding verbal and written English. Second language is a plus
Standard hours are between 7AM and 3:30 PM, Mon-Fri
MODLOGIQ is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE) and a Drug-Free Workplace
MODLOGIQ has been certified as a Great Place to Work® two years in a row! As a leader in off-site construction of modular buildings, we have experienced unprecedented growth and are looking for great people to help us continue to build the best workplace possible. Our unique SMART OFF-SITE CONSTRUCTION method is unique in the industry.
• We construct more sustainably, helping build a greener world with less waste and fewer greenhouse gasses
• We work more safely, thanks to our core values of Health and Safety and an environmentally-controlled workplace, which has led to a leading safety record demonstrated by the lowest possible EMR rating (Experience Modification Rate)
• We have more fun, enjoying holiday parties, company celebrations, friendly but fierce cornhole competitions, and more
• We give more generously, supporting Operation Triage, a unique organization that provides emergency advocacy and financial relief to disabled veterans, first responders, and active-duty service members based on greatest need.
• We reward more fully, with leading pay and benefits, weekly & monthly Core Award winners, and our annual Mike Burkhardt award.
• We work at the leading edge of innovation, partnering with globally-recognized firms like CBRE, Whiting-Turner and others to develop, build, and deliver game-changing projects.
The result? Dozens of industry awards and 40+ years of innovation and success. Please come join us!