Off-site modular construction is the wave of the future, delivering schedule acceleration, budget certainty, least site impact, superior quality, and the greenest way to build.
For our Construction Estimators, this means the opportunity for growth in an expanding market with long-term job security. It also means performing on the leading-edge of the estimating discipline, working with innovative modular materials, vendors, and processes and pushing the industry forward.
You’ll work with a team that has won dozens of industry awards over 4 decades, including multiple Best of Show awards and the industry’s most prestigious honor—the Judges Choice Award—at the 2022 World of Modular Annual Convention & Tradeshow.
Great benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), and paid vacation and holidays.
Duties & Responsibilities / Requirements
Construction Estimator is responsible for preparing cost estimates and all associated documents for estimating costs, resources, and timing for materials, internal labor and outside sub-contractors/sub-trades, fabrication, transport, and installation/erection of off-site modular building projects.
Analyze drawing, plans, specifications, proposals, quotes, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, equipment, and labor estimates for products, projects, and/or services
Solicit, evaluate and apply all documentation and quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers
Prepare detailed take-offs of quantities and scope of work detailed in project plans
Review take-off quantities compared to bid form quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates
Hand-off estimates to project managers and maintain involvement the project construction team to ensure budget integrity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum 2 to 5 years of work experience as a Construction Estimator
Knowledge of construction materials, tools, and equipment
High School diploma or GED
Valid driver’s license and able to travel to destinations within the USA
Standard hours are between 7AM and 3:30 PM, Mon-Fri
MODLOGIQ is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE) and a Drug-Free Workplace
MODLOGIQ has been certified as a Great Place to Work® two years in a row! As a leader in off-site construction of modular buildings, we have experienced unprecedented growth and are looking for great people to help us continue to build the best workplace possible. Our unique SMART OFF-SITE CONSTRUCTION method is unique in the industry.
• We construct more sustainably, helping build a greener world with less waste and fewer greenhouse gasses
• We work more safely, thanks to our core values of Health and Safety and an environmentally-controlled workplace, which has led to a leading safety record demonstrated by the lowest possible EMR rating (Experience Modification Rate)
• We have more fun, enjoying holiday parties, company celebrations, friendly but fierce cornhole competitions, and more
• We give more generously, supporting Operation Triage, a unique organization that provides emergency advocacy and financial relief to disabled veterans, first responders, and active-duty service members based on greatest need.
• We reward more fully, with leading pay and benefits, weekly & monthly Core Award winners, and our annual Mike Burkhardt award.
• We work at the leading edge of innovation, partnering with globally-recognized firms like CBRE, Whiting-Turner and others to develop, build, and deliver game-changing projects.
The result? Dozens of industry awards and 40+ years of innovation and success. Please come join us!